Has your business undergone a much-needed facelift on your floors? It is extremely important that you put in place a comprehensive maintenance strategy to ensure longevity of your newly installed floors. A good maintenance plan will keep the appearance of your floors spotless—in return the appearance will impresses clients, visitors and staff.
Obviously foot traffic intensity varies depending on which areas see more activity than others. Below are some timelines and guidelines to follow when creating a regular flooring maintenance plan:
- Light Traffic Areas: Address every 3 to 6 months
- Medium Traffic Areas: Address every 3 months
- Heavy Traffic Areas: Address every month
Furniture and heavy objects should have protectors on their base to protect your floor. You may want to consider:
- Placing Walk-Off or Track-Off Mats at your entrances to reduce debris from foot traffic entering your building
- Daily Vacuuming & Trash pickup will ensure flooring is kept clean
- Annual Restorative Maintenance. This comprehensive yearly restoration is both proactive and preventative for the care of your floors. Normal wear and tear is expected, and unfortunately accidents do occur, that is why a yearly restorative maintenance program is imperative to increase the longevity of your floors.
Ultimately, it’s best to hire a professional that is certified and experienced in the care of your flooring. Your certified company will work with you to come up with a plan that best suits your needs.